BreadcrumbsHome / Workforce development / Pacific Family Violence Prevention Training (What you need to know)
Pacific Family Violence Prevention Training (What you need to know)
The programme is for Pacific community support workers and members of the Pacific community who are often the first people approached by Pacific families experiencing family violence (church leaders, teachers etc.) and who have not been exposed to a lot of family violence training.
It is also beneficial for Pacific people who work in the social services area and with Pacific peoples that want to upskill themselves in relation to relevant legislation, latest data, safety planning and managing risk with an emphasis on the experiences of Pacific peoples and their families.
The programme is delivered in English and takes a pan-Pacific perspective.
The programme is FREE, however, due to high demand, limited spaces are available. Preference is given to community support practitioners and workers. A pre-requisite of attending this programme is that members must also complete one of the Part 2 ethnic specific programmes (below) by the end of July 2019 following their completion of Part 1.
NOTE: This programme is specifically for Pacific peoples attendance only.
- Description: Pacific Family Violence Prevention Training gives a comprehensive overview of family violence and its impact on Pacific peoples in New Zealand
- What you learn: Upskill yourself in relation to relevant legislation, latest data, safety planning and managing risk with an emphasis on the experiences of Pacific peoples and families
- For: Pacific community support workers and Pacific community members
- Pre-requisite: attendees of this programme must also complete one of the Part 2 ethnic specific programmes (by the end of July 2020 following their completion of Part 1)
- Cost: Free
- Attending: preference is given to Pacific community support workers and members intending to complete a Part 2 Nga Vaka Ethnic Specific Programme
|South Island||9, 10 November 2020|
|Whanau Resilience - Family Violence Prevention Training Programme
What you need to know
|Waikato||23, 24 November 2020|
|Hawkes Bay||30, 31 November 2020|
|Wellington||10, 11 December 2020|
|Auckland||26, 27 February 2021|
|Auckland||30, 31 April 2021|
|Auckland||13, 14 May 2021|
Registration / Express your interest
Register your interest by filling out the form located HERE.